Read the story “The Lottery” by Shirley Jackson then complete the notes about the story.
Discussion questions (do not need to write down)
- In what time period do you think this story takes place?
- How often does the lottery take place in the village?
- What does it mean if the paper is left blank?
- What does the black spot mean?
- What type of conflict is this?
The conflict in this story is person versus _________ because….
The protagonist is…
The antagonist is….
Create a plot diagram and label each part based on the story: