- What prompted the US to enter WWI?
- In what was was WWI a "total war"?
- What role did women play in WWI?
using pages 227-231 in your text to take notes on the following questions:
Homework for next class: Read pages 239-241, prepare for the spiral check and quiz next class
Plan your group’s responses to the following questions for today’s activity. You will need to use evidence where possible and EXPLAIN your reasoning. :
***If you were absent for the discussion day you will need to complete the worksheet.
Go to the google classroom page to complete the google doc for your research.
Here is a copy of the questions you need to research and the different topics:
Heavy Artillery and Big Bertha:
Airplanes and Zeppelins:
The Machine Gun:
1. What is the name of your weapon?
2. What was the year it was invented?
3. Who invented the weapon and/or what country first developed it?
4. Describe the weapon.
5. How was it used during the war?
6. What did the weapon do to the enemy?
using pages 221to 226 in your textbook, record key information on the following topics:
Using your textbook (page 215-217 starting with the Crisis in the Balkans section) create a timeline of events.
Using your book, find out the countries that were part of the Triple Alliance and the Triple Entente. Color the map to represent these alliance. Label all the countries that were involved.